Mrs. K’s rocky road brownies are as smooth as silk
November 10, 2011 § 1 Comment
How wonderful would it be to have a best friend whose mother was Mrs. Betty Crocker? Well, I basically do. My friend Gary’s mom, we’ll call her Mrs. K., is the most phenomenal baker I have ever met. Of course, she has a full-time job, countless other responsibilities and is super-fit but somehow finds the time to provide baked goods for every occasion. Her specialties are Scotchies, M&M and chocolate chip cookies, caramel brownies, and my personal favorite, Rocky Road brownies. I guarantee these will be the most delectable, moist and richest desserts you will ever taste. The warm, gooey brownie is topped with a thick layer of fluffy, smooth frosting. The second-best part (first being their taste) is how simple they are to prepare!
1 package brownie mix (she uses Betty Crocker triple chunk or chocolate chunk)
1 cup chopped pecans (we both prefer no nuts!)
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup milk
½ cup butter
1 (16 oz.) package powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; stir in pecans (optional). Spoon batter into a greased 13 by 9 inch baking pan. Bake according to directions on box.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle miniature marshmallows over hot brownies.
- Combine chocolate, milk and butter in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate and butter melt, stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread over brownies.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
What is your favorite Betty Crocker mix or recipe?